At Upton Priory School, we have £123, 546 allocated for disadvantaged children for the academic year 2018-19.
The main barriers for Pupil Premium children are addressed in our current SDP. We aim to ensure that:
- The gaps in PP reading writing and maths will close in line with National expectations
- Progress of PP children will be above progress of non-Pupil Premium children to close gap
- QFT (quality first teaching) and interventions effectively supporting children’s learning and progress
- Pastoral support for PP children effective ensuring behaviour, attendance and parental engagement are not barriers to achievement and progress
Our funding is spent in a variety of ways, including:
- Planning interventions based on diagnostic assessment of children’s needs with a clarity of focus for interventions shared in agreed format.
- Delivering of effective, well-planned interventions that support children’s learning and challenge them to achieve their next steps.
- Monitoring of interventions in action to provide opportunity to evaluate impact.
- CPD – opportunities for staff to develop pr